Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Name tile critique

The most suscessful element of my work was the letters. I think that the letters looked puffy like bubble letters. I also added a texture to my letters. My letters were very glazed. When the letters were together I used a wood tool to separate them. I think that the best looking part of my project was the letters. 

I thought that the most challenging part was the base. The base changed shape when I rolled the texture on. I think that it was very hard to keep the base in the shape of a perfect rectangle. I thought that it was very challenging when I was glazing the project. I did use the black unglaze to make the patterns stand out but I think that in places the glaze covers the pattern. 

In up coming projects I am going to focus on m glazing tequniqe. I would work on using clean lines in my projects. I would also make sure my project is level in every spot so that the glaze would not pool in certain spots. This project helped me understand glazing. I will use my new knowledge of glazing when I start other projects. 

On project criteria I would give myself 5 because I added two textures and the project only required one. I would give myself a 3 for craftsmanship because all of my edges are smoothed and most of my project is clean but I faced problems when I created the base. For creativity I would give myself a 4 because I used my creative skills and imagination to visualize how different colors and patternas would look paired together. In studio participation I would give myself a 5 because I focused on my project and worked efficiently. For composition elements and principles I would give myself a 4 because I worked very hard on this project and I used the principle of variety by using different textures and colors.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment