A challenge that I faced was creating the ears I was not sure where to put them at first. My teacher and I figured out that they needed to be put further back on the head. Another challenge I had was the paws at first they were flat but then I folded the end of the strip of clay over and it created a perfect paw. When I first put the eyes on it looked too much like a frog but then I decided to add a nose and it made it look more like a monkey. At first I was not sure how to make a realistic looking tounge but then I made a coil that was thicker on one side and then I flattened it out.
In upcoming projects I am going to focus on my glazing technique. Glazing is a skill that I am still improving, the glazing on this project was better than my last project. I am hoping to get better every time until my glazing is perfect.
For project requirements I give myself a 4 because I properly executed all of the requirements. For craftsmanship I would give myself a 4 because I am very pleased with the way that my project looks and I spent time cleaning up the imperfections. For creativity I would give myself a 5 because I used my creativity to think of the idea of the tounge in it's mouth and the paws holding the monkey's mouth open. For studio participation I would give myself a 5 because I was focused and efficient while I was making my project. For composition and principles I would give myself a 4 because I had a plan of what I was making before I started my project and I put a lot of effort into my project.


No comments:
Post a Comment